Malaysia Retail Chain Association (MRCA) was founded in year 1992. We strongly believed that by pooling all the resources together, Malaysian chain retailers could harness networking power to expand their business and facilitate the enhancement of chain stores management through education and training.
MRCA acts as an excellent avenue for retail businesses to network and exchange ideas, share resources and to promote the healthy expansion of the retail industry in Malaysia and abroad.
MRCA aims to create a highly supportive environment to build retail businesses and pool ideas, experiences and efforts to tap on various opportunities in Malaysia as well as abroad. Its vision is to be recognized as one of the most influential retail bodies in Malaysia, supporting the development and globalization of the retail industry.
Since it was established, MRCA has developed into a very strong organisation, comprising of more than 440 leading retail chain stores operators as well as franchisors and covering more than 25,000 outlets throughout Malaysia.. With such a vast network of retail outlets, these members help provide more than 150,000 job opportunities to Malaysians across the country, and the number is expected to continue to expand, judging from the bright potential of the retail industry.
The milestones and accolades awarded to many MRCA members are benchmarks of their deep and extensive involvement in their businesses as well as helping to shape the future of the retail industry in Malaysia. MRCA brings together the cream of the crop, as it’s members consist of well know retail chain brands from respective fields such as Poh Kong jewellery, Secret Recipe food and beverage, Senheng Electrical, 7-Elevenconvenience shops, OSIM healthy lifestyle products, Bonia leather goods, Focus Point eyewear, Nelson’s corn, Naza Motor, Marrybrown fast food, VOIR fashion, Petronas oil and gas industry, as well as Maxis and DiGi Malaysia in the telecommunications field and many more.
On top of these revered members, the MRCA has also benefited immensely from the constant support of members in various fields such as Maybank and CIMB Bank from the banking industry, The Star, Sin Chew and Media Prima from the media industry. These members have provided unrelenting support in helping the growth of MRCA members.
MRCA members have also successfully expanded overseas in countries such as U.S.A., Australia, China beside the African, Middle East and ASEAN countries.
MRCA provides its members with the opportunity to capitalize on the collective experience and resources of Malaysia’s dynamic group of retail experts.
- Monthly meetings and regular events provide members with development updates on the retail front as well as a good opportunity for members to socialize with each another.
- Various training and education programs organized by the association help to improve the skills and capabilities of the members’ staff to propel them further in their career.
- Joint marketing and promotion programs have also been one of the excellent benefits that members have enjoyed. By sharing and cross-referencing, members get to tap onto each other’s customers with minimal investment.
- Other support and assistance exist in the form of business opportunities and study tours and overseas trade mission, as well as sharing of resources and inter-company visits. With the highly creative and dynamic committee behind the MRCA, one can only expect more exciting events and more beneficial programs to be unveiled.
To gain recognition as one of the most influential retail bodies in globalizing Malaysian chain retailers and franchisors both locally and abroad.
To create a highly supportive environment to build our business and pool our ideas, experiences and efforts together by placing our members above everything else and continuously discovering opportunities for them to grow beyond the shores of Malaysia.
- Enhancing the retail environment and assisting retail chain store operators in their global expansion.
- Upgrading the management & operation skills of local retail chain store operators.
- Providing educational & training programme related to the retail trade through seminars & trade exhibitions.
- Consolidation & facilitation stronger negotiating power for members’ expansion.
- Securing market information & customer database for maximum utilization.
- Providing more ‘value for money’ products & services for the consumers.
- Organizing trade missions to explore business opportunities overseas.
- Establishing contact and organizing discussion and business dialogue with prominent business leaders.
- Promoting Malaysia as the Shopping Paradise to the world.
- Developing & maintaining affiliations with counterpart organizations globally.